Saturday, January 10, 2009

desert photos










Sitting here on a very snowy Michigan winter afternoon I've been looking at photos from a camping trip we took two summers ago. I love the southwest desert. I've been traveling out there for most of my life and someday I'll manage to move closer. Two summers ago we did a lot of hiking in Canyonlands National Park. Back in the Jurassic (at least that's how my kids describe it) before I had kids in school we used to travel west in spring and fall - much nicer time of year to be hiking in the desert than in August, which is when this most recent trip happened. I will say there are no crowds in Canyonlands in August since most people think hiking in 100+ degree weather is crazy. Anyway, here are a few photos from that trip. Canyonlands is a place replete with the wonderful silence I love about the desert.

No comments: