Friday, April 30, 2010

misc

So my residency is ending - tomorrow in fact. What have I done here? A lot of painting, a two plate etching, some drawing, a lot of talking about encaustic, curated a show, met a lot of interesting and creative people. It's been an intense couple weeks spending 10-ish hours a day in the studio. Some stuff about the residency here on the Loomis Chaffee site.

I took advantage of being out of my normal routine of have-to's to spend some time exploring ideas and approaches to painting and as a result have thoughts about the direction I want to take my work in. Not a significant departure but a building upon what I've been doing, taking it in a more painterly and more integrative direction. I'm pleased about that and looking forward to where I think it will take me.

And I'm looking forward to being home and back to my normal routine even given its mix of chaos, too much to do and not enough time to do it in! Thanks to all at Loomis Chaffee who have helped and supported me through this residency, especially Jen McCandless and Mark Zunino.

No comments: