Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Big monotypes

This series of monotypes is part of my ongoing exploration of river movement.  These are far and away the biggest monotypes I've done - they're all 25" x 50" on kozo.  They all incorporate encaustc, graphite, pigment sticks, conte and other drawing media. 

Like all of my recent monotypes they are strongly influenced by both my connection with the environment AND with the music I've been listening to in the studio.  WEMU plays jazz and blues during my studio hours and that sets the mood and the motion for the work.

These five pieces will be the inaugural show at the new Art & the Environment Gallery at the School of Natural Resources at the University of Michigan.  The opening will be Thursday Feb 16 at 4pm.

Watershed Monotype #5

Watershed Monotype #4

Watershed Monotype #3

Watershed Monotype #2

Watershed Monotype #1

No comments: